Monday 12 September 2016

Crossing into Canada

For months, literally months - I have been a little nervous about crossing the border with this car. 


What paperwork will I need... Will they turn me away... Will I need to pay for a bond.... The list of questions was endless until I called both US and Canadian customs at a land crossing;

"No problem at all, Sir. We have RVs from Europe cross all the time. We take the VIN number and check it off when you return to the States."

Armed with this information, my panic ceased and I finally made it to the border. The car was acknowledged but the lady was more interested in my passport and them at I still had a valid stamp from earlier in the year... 2 minutes and I was in!

Well that was easy!

Ooh... Look what I found!

And there you have it... The first EVER picture of a Ford Puma with Niagara Falls (somewhere) in the background!
A Euro Ford at the American/Canadian Falls - how worldly!

Onto meet my parents who are rendezvousing with me in the area.
My Mum
My Dad
The irony is that both of them have ridden in the car in our home town of Brighton in England!
With the car safely at my Aunt's house in Hamilton, it was time to put it to bed for a week - give it a little rest while I got chauffeured for a change!

And so this will be the last post for a little while :)

Stay tuned however for the next update πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

2 comments:

  1. I spotted the Lucky Black Cat in the British Car Day in Oakville (Pics coming soon). I was very interest in getting one of these back in the late 90s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I have a black to and live in Brighton. Love the number plate of yours, those are my initials, Khk, not fair. Good luck with the journey!

    ReplyDelete