Wednesday 7 September 2016

Boston MA

https://youtu.be/88C_2f4K048

Super cool day hanging out with Charlie, who I mentioned right back at the beginning of this blog. Charlie was on the phone with me to cover many of my concerns and instilled the courage in me to pull of this whole exersize. As a seasoned importer of cars from the UK, Charlie was able to help me with some of my concerns during the process - and with a few common interests all the same (a real petrol-head to boot); we also got along like a house on fire! Charlie was as excited about the Puma coming to the US as I was and when many of my peers 'don't really get it', Charlie got it for everyone. 

Today was a big day because not only was I going to have the pleasure of meeting this incredible human-being, but I was gonna get to meet his car 'Oliver' also: a 1990 Saab 900, also RHD, also manual. 

Boston  in the backdrop - Charlie on the left and Al on the right



After some lunch, we had the pleasure of enjoying a couple of views of Boston - chauffeured by myself and Charlie between us in his UKDM Saab.


This view is only available from the MIT offices on the river. The buildings either side are blocked by it, so it was quite a privelage to be able to take these pictures. 

I also learned that Boston is he only place in the world whereby you can see a "plane over a helicopter over a train over a car over a boat!"


I also had the pleasure of driving an 80s Oldsmobile, which was like driving on air - it handled the terrible roads a lot better than my sporty little Ford!


Anyway... Back to the oddity of a Puma in North America:



Looks like a vampire!






The leg-end that is Charlie! Thank you so much for everything!

On the way out of Boston, Al and I stopped for a bite to eat and stumbled across the infamous RedSox stadium...


We then headed back to RI ready for the next leg of the epi journey.


Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment