Wednesday 8 June 2016

The Tail of the Dragon

The tail of the dragon is one of the most Notorious bits of road in the US. Not so much of a stretch of road, so much as a squish; the treacherous 11 miles weaves down the mountain over the course of no less than 318 turns. 

My route along the Cherohala skyway, which was good fun was only to lead me to this infamous place. 

I was lucky enough to be there on a day when two companies were out photographing on two of the corners. I managed to find the images taken of me and my little car in proof form!

I also took video of the road itself, which I will add to this post at a later date. 

Please enjoy... I certainly did!









I had to stop a couple of times to let the brakes cool down!




The only road in the UK I can akin this too, is probably the Ditchling beacon in Sussex… Only seven or eight times longer and with ditches either side of the road!

Fortunately, I made it without getting too close and personal with a ditch :-)


I think my little Puma earned this.


Best 60 quid I think I ever spent. If ever there was a reason to bring this car over to the States as opposed to buying one for the same kind of money, that road was exactly why.

No comments:

Post a Comment