Tuesday 7 June 2016

The Cherohala Skyway

Wow. Whoever said the US didn't sport some good fun driving roads; lied. 

My journey took me from GA to TN, into NC and back into TN. The Cherohala Skyway was so much fun and incorporated some of the coolest roads I have had the pleasure of driving. 


Just getting there was entertaining, not just in the roads but also having no signal! So much for AAA; I would never have been able to call them!

Ready as I'll ever be?!



There were so many bikes but the really fun part was keeping up with them. Of course, they took me on the few straights that existed - but I kid you not, there were a couple of superbikes that could not shake the mighty 1.7 litre Puma!

This is one of the guys I was having some fun with. 

So at this point, I should mention that my updates brakes never arrived in time...
So I had to stop periodically to allow them to cool down!

What a road. 
Cooked the brakes again...

Still, an excuse for a couple of nice shots ...

And just before arriving at the Tail f the Dragon, check this out for a view 

This was the end of the Cherohala. Here is the last video before the Tail of the Dragon...

https://youtu.be/1HIHo0YLz9I

Next up... Tail of the Dragon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment