Friday 11 November 2016

Yellowstone (Take one)

Prepare for disaster...

Feature film:

You know when things go a bit too well after thousands of miles in a scrap car? Yep... You got it... Something has to go wrong. 

Thing is, it wasn't the car's fault! 

Anyway, here are a few pics from before, during and after the event.




And then....



Yep. Properly stuck. I backed up toward the water on the gravelly beach to pull away with the camera in the back; filming. When I stopped to pull forward, I didn't realise the ground had gotten soft and the car sank!

I spent a good hour or so digging before someone saw and came to the rescue. Drew then pulled his heavy SUV alongside and sank too! 

What must have been at least another hour, maybe longer - digging, Mark Martinez arrived with his 7000lb RAM and pulled us both out!


Following the rescue, Drew and his girlfriend Karissa invited me to eat with friends at a harvest party before helping me to repair a nasty wobble that had developed after being pulled out at the beach. 

Drew then invited me to stay the night as I had lost a day digging cars out due to my own stupidity. 

Between Drew, Karissa and Mark; I had experienced real American generosity and hospitality at its finest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment